A quick, healthy way to use some of that zucchini from your garden!
Categories: Lunch, Low Calorie, Dinner, Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the egg whites in a separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
Servings: 4, Calories: 89, Fat: 1.3g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 474mg, Carbohydrate: 13.7g, Protein: 6.1g