HELPING YOU GET BACK WHAT MOVES YOU!
From our in-house Licensed Physical Therapist at MOTION Sports Medicine
What To Do About Lower Back Pain
Chances are high that you will experience low back pain at some point in your lifetime due to overuse, an accident, or work-related. It affects approximately 80% of adults in America, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Low back pain can lead to work absenteeism and is the most common cause of job-related disability. If you find yourself out of the workplace and in bed with pain, physical therapy can get you back in motion.
Why Choose Physical Therapy?
- It’s safer. The abuse of prescription pain medication is on the rise and can lead to opioid addiction whereas physical therapy leads to less reliance on pain medicine.
- It’s more affordable. People who begin low back pain treatment with physical therapy end up paying less than those who start with advanced imaging, which can result in unnecessary surgeries and narcotics.
A Better Road to Recovery
- Physical therapists don’t just treat immediate pain. They give you the tools to improve your movement in the long run and prevent low back pain in the future.
- Physical therapists can help address or correct physical issues you have as a result of daily life, recreation or in the workplace.
- Physical therapy sessions can result in improved function, range of motion and decreased pain.
What Kind of Physical Therapist Do You Need?
- A board-certified clinical specialist or a therapist who completed a residency or fellowship in orthopedic physical therapy.
- A therapist with experience in treating orthopedic or musculoskeletal problems.
Don’t let low back pain get you down. Choose physical therapy.
Motion Sports Medicine – 235 Mill Street Lawrence, N.Y 11559 – 516-371-5410